Series Schedule (ET):
- Game 1: @Houston, Monday, 5/14, 9 p.m. TNT
- Game 2: @ Houston, Wednesday, 5/16, 9 p.m. TNT
- Game 3: @Golden State, Sunday, 5/20, 9 p.m. TNT
- Game 4: @Golden State, Tuesday, 5/22, 9 p.m. TNT
- Game 5 (If-Needed): @Houston, Thursday, 5/24, 9 p.m. TNT
- Game 6 (If-Needed): @Golden State, Saturday, 5/26, 9 p.m. TNT
- Game 7 (If-Needed): @Houston, Monday, 5/28, 9 p.m. TNT
The series we’ve all been waiting for… the Rockets vs. the Warriors. The Rockets are probably one of the best teams I’ve seen in the NBA in the past few years. Unfortunately, they’re running into what may end up being one of the greatest dynasties the NBA has ever seen in the Golden State Warriors.
Chris Paul and James Harden have been absolutely terrific, and Clint Cappela has improved tremendously. Don’t be deceived by the offensive firepower of the Rockets because they have some great defenders as well. Trevor Ariza, P.J Tucker, and Luc Richard Mbah a Moute are extremely important pieces to that team. Obviously Chris Paul is also a great defender himself.
As good as the Rockets are, I just don’t think it’s going to be enough to beat the Warriors. Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Kevin Durant, and Draymond Green are just too much for any team, and I don’t think Houston has enough weapons to stop that (as many weapons as they have). Your not going to shut down all four of those guys, so I really have no answer on how to stop the Warriors. They’re just too good.
Don’t get me wrong, I think this is going to be a great series with a bunch of close games, but in the end, the better team will come out on top and that is the Golden State Warriors.