With just over an hour until Day 1 here are our final projections for the 1st round of tonight’s draft.
1. Arizona Cardinals: Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma
What once seemed like lock of the draft is now the biggest question. For months, it’s been assumed that Kyler Murray would be the 1st overall pick, but now it’s Draft Day and Josh Rosen still hasn’t been dealt. I can see the Cardinals going with Quinnen Williams with this pick, in fact if they don’t pick Murray I would assume it would be Williams or Bosa. I’ll stick with Murray, a pick I feel less and less confident about as the draft nears.
- San Francisco 49ers: Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State
I think this should be an easy pick here, widely regarded as the top overall player in the draft, Nick Bosa would make an instant impact here for San Francisco.
- New York Jets: Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama
The Jets apparently love Ed Oliver, they also love the idea of trading back BUT with Quinnen Williams on the board I think the Jets would stand pat in this situation and go with the best player available. I wouldn’t be shocked if the Jets shocked the world and grabbed Oliver or if they got a king’s ransom for this pick.
- Oakland Raiders: Josh Allen, DE/LB, Kentucky
The Raiders are gaining some interest in Dwayne Haskins and apparently moving him up the board, but the Raiders need a replacement for Khalil Mack and Allen has the upside to fill that role.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Devin White, LB, LSU
I’ve had this pick for a while and don’t plan on changing it. Tampa Bay could entertain a deal with a team like Washington but Devin White seems to be their guy and it makes sense to grab him here before a team like the Giants try to scoop him up.
- New York Giants: Daniel Jones, QB, Duke
I don’t know. I really don’t know. Devin White and Josh Allen are off the board and apparently the Giants love Daniel Jones. I think this could be a smokescreen, I also think Dave Gettleman is in love with what many believe is the next Eli Manning. So, like I said, I don’t know, but I’ll go with Jones here.
- Jacksonville Jaguars: Jonah Williams, OT/G, Alabama
Still staying with Williams, my number one offensive lineman in the class, I think he fills a need and is a top 10 pick in the class. I get the TJ Hockenson hype but we’ve seen TEs hyped up (O.J. Howard) and it’s clear that the NFL just doesn’t value TEs as top 10, elite prospects. I think the Jags play it safe and grab some help for the offensive line.
- [TRADE] Washington from (DET): Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State
Washington wants a QB, they’ve been linked to a few. They have also been linked to moving into the top 5. I think getting up to 8 is more reasonable and with Jones off the board, Haskins the guy Washington makes their move for.
- Buffalo Bills: Ed Oliver, DT, Houston
The Bills need some help along the interior defensive line, Oliver as a talent is a top 5 pick, and the Bills take advantage of his draft day slide.
- Denver Broncos: Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson
The Broncos are in need of some help along the defensive line, you could make the argument for Drew Lock here, a player linked to Denver since the 2018 Draft, but the Broncos roll with Flacco and fill a need with Wilkins.
- Cincinnati Bengals: Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida
I’m sticking with Taylor here for the Bengals, a top tier OL talent in this class that should provide an instant impact for a team in need of help on the line.
- Green Bay Packers: TJ Hockenson, TE, Iowa
I originally had Fant with this pick, but the momentum seems to be headed towards Hockenson as TE1. A long-term replacement for Jimmy Graham isn’t the main priority for the Packers, but they were able to fill a bunch of their needs in free agency and Hockenson can be a long-term security blanket for Aaron Rodgers.
- Miami Dolphins: Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson
The Dolphins are waiting on a QB until 2020 so I’ll stick with Ferrell for this pick.
- Atlanta Falcons: Rashan Gary, DE, Michigan
The Falcons need help along the defensive line, DT may be the preference but Gary offers the flexibility to play at multiple spots along the defensive line.
- [TRADE] Detroit Lions (from WAS): Montez Sweat, DE, Mississippi St
Montez Sweat is expected to take a draft day slide with the medical issues but Detroit is able to trade back and grab a player they would’ve heavily considered at 8.
- Carolina Panthers: Brian Burns, DE/LB, Florida State
Burns fills the need at edge rusher for Carolina.
- New York Giants (from CLE): Devin Bush, LB, Michigan
The Giants need some help at LB, after going with Daniel Jones at 6, Devin Bush makes a lot of sense for New York with their second 1st round pick.
- Minnesota Vikings: Andre Dillard, OT, Washington St.
The Vikings still need offensive lineman, and I still think Dillard is one of the best in pass protection and a good fit for the Vikings.
- Tennessee Titans: Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma
The Titans are in need of a WR, Brown is the most dynamic receiver in the class with a similar skill set to his cousin.
- Pittsburgh Steelers: Rock Ya-Sin, CB, Temple
There is a lot of traction building up for Ya-Sin as the player the Steelers covet in this class. In fact, some are viewing his as CB1 as we get closer to day 1. I’ll buy the hype here and roll with Ya-Sin here for the Steelers.
- Seattle Seahawks: Johnathan Abram, S, Mississippi St
Abram provides a physical presence at the safety position, something Seattle has been lacking since Kam Chancellor retired.
- Baltimore Ravens: DK Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss
The Ravens need a true #1 WR and Metcalf has all the tools to become that.
- Houston Texans: Cody Ford, OT/G, Oklahoma
I’m not sure if Cody Ford will be the pick, but the Texas need to address the offensive line early, I wouldn’t be surprised to see them spend a 1st rounder on a versatile player like Ford.
- Oakland Raiders (from CHI): Greedy Williams, CB, LSU
The Raiders add one of the top CBs in the class with Greedy Williams.
- Philadelphia Eagles: Byron Murphy, CB, Washington
The Eagles could go with Greg Little or an OT here but Murphy possesses the traits of a starting corner and could be a steal for Philadelphia.
- Indianapolis Colts: Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi St
I held off on including Simmons in the first since his injury, however I think he’s too talented to not be a 1st round pick and the Colts are in need of help on the defensive line.
- Oakland Raiders (from DAL): Noah Fant, TE, Iowa
The Raiders don’t have a top tier TE and Fant can add another dimension to the Oakland offense.
- Los Angeles Chargers: Drew Lock, QB, Mizzou
I know the Chargers have interest in a QB and if Drew Lock were to be sitting here it would be hard to pass up.
- Seattle Seahawks (from KC): DeAndre Baker, CB, Georgia
I had this pick for the Chiefs but I also like it for Seattle, going with a pair of DBs in round one may not seem realistic but Baker has the tools to be a CB1 at the next level.
- Green Bay Packers (from NO): A.J. Brown, WR, Ole Miss
A.J. Brown’s combine is what put him in the first round for me. I think he would be a good fit for Rodgers and the Packers offense.
- Los Angeles Rams: Garrett Bradbury, OG/C, N.C. State
The Rams reload their offensive line, Bradbury is naturally a center but can play OG right away as a replacement for Roger Saffold.
- New England Patriots: Irv Smith Jr., TE, Alabama
I think the Patriots are very interested in Irv Smith as a replacement for Gronk, I’ll stick with that pick heading into tonight.